Unfortunately, we will not be holding our annual Thanksgiving Feast this year. Please consider making a general donation in an amount equal to what you would expect to spend at the Thanksgiving Feast. Donations will be applied in areas of greatest need. You can make a general donation online by visiting our Friends of the Hormel Nature Center page.
INTERPRETIVE Center Opening
The Interpretive Center will be opening on June 1.
- The Interpretive Center will be open every day during regular operating hours.
- The exhibit area is open regular hours.
-The Early Childhood room will remain closed.
-The tunnels will be blocked off and closed.
-There will be no snake handling.
- Maple Syrup will be on sale!
- Per Governor Walz's most recent order, facial coverings are required by all persons when in the building. If you do not have one, a disposable one will be provided by our staff.
- It is required that you use hand sanitizer that will be provided to you upon entering the building.
- Traffic flow will be managed to ensure social distancing standards are met.
New trail signs and trail colors
Exciting News: We have new trail signs and colored trails!
- We are in the process of eliminating some trails to simplify the trail system, you can see on the map above the updated map with the trails taken out.
- We will have an updated version of our map available soon, this one is temporary.
- The grey trails are connecting trails and the trails with an S next to them are used during ski season only.
- There are signs for the parking lot, the tower, the pond, the stepping stone bridge, and the covered bridge.
- There are 8 colored trails
- Blue = .4 mi 5. Red = 1 mi
- Yellow = .6 mi 6. Orange = 1.2 mi
- Purple = .75 mi 7. Black = 1.2 mi
- White = .8 mi 8. Green = 1.35 mi
Fall & Winter Events
Looking for more information on what is coming up at the nature center? Check out all the details for what programs and classes we will be offering on our Programs & Events page!
Interpretive Center Hours:
Monday thru Saturday:
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
(Closed City of Austin holidays)
6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. daily
Learn more about the
Nature Center through our
About page, see upcoming events on the Programs & Events page, or click the calendar below!
Friends of the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center
Join or Renew for 2020 friends MEMBERSHIP